D3452 is a Class 10 Lister Blackstone engined shunter (based on the Class 08 design) which was built by BR at Darlington in 1957. Because it was non standard (compared to the Class 08) it only survived a short while in BR service, being withdrawn in July 1968 from Toton depot.
It was purchased by English China Clays and worked exclusively at Fowey Docks for over 20 years, until saved for preservation by the Bodmin Railway Preservation Society in March 1989. It is only one of four such examples saved in preservation out of the total of 161 produced.
Now in a very work worn BR black livery and is to be seen as shed pilot around Bodmin General. Unfortunately due to a shifted crank axle it is limited to 5mph and for this reason it is rarely to be seen anywhere else on the line.